Tuesday, December 2, 2008

All Cozy in Bedford Falls

december 2

In my opinion, this is the one movie that must be watched every year. I want to roll myself up in a blanket of old fashioned styles and mannerisms. I want to put my arm around good ol' George Bailey and take a stroll through Bedford Falls. I want a dish of chocolate ice cream with "coconuts" while I flip through a National Geographic. I want to make wishes by throwing stones through windows and have them come true. I cry every year in the same sweet spots, when George gets his ears slapped back by Mr. Gower, when George finally realizes he's in love with Mary, and when he comes home after seeing the world without him in it.

It's a hard year this year, in some ways. I'm going to soak up all of Bedford Falls, the Bailey's, and "Buffalo Girls" that I can and make this Christmas count.

No comments: