Wednesday, December 17, 2008

I thought I was feeling grinchy

for the nieces

But somehow, someway,

I felt Christmas in my heart today!

Ok, maybe not that sappy. I haven't been sleeping so well. I'm not sure what is up exactly, I may be clenching my jaw during my slumber, I am having daily head aches and sore teeth, or maybe it's a very small cold causing all the discomfort??? but in any case, I've been not so Christmasy this week and feeling nervous about my list that doesn't seem to get shorter. I hate getting out of bed in the morning and hate going to bed at night. I've got more complaining to do but... I am feeling better.

After I dragged myself from underneath the covers and then dragged my butt off the couch, I got dressed, dressed the 2 littles and went visiting teaching to a sister I adore. I had to make an emergency drive over to C-bugs school to pop a blood blister (the girl has a smaller pain threshold than her 1 year old sister) I picked up drinks for B and I and we went home and got crafting. And the grinchy funk was gone

I'm sorry you had to sit through that! LOL!

The picture above: This year for my side of the family, we are only doing stockings and have a$5 limit. I wasn't very happy with what I was finding out there for $5 for kiddos so for my 3 and 5 year old nieces I whipped up a cookie kit (inspired by one I saw on flickr) but made mine to have roll out dough and cookies you "cut out" with a cookie cutter and then decorate (by flipping them over.) For their baby sister I sewed up a little hedgehog with a bell inside.

Miss C wasn't the only sista to get injured today. Miss B learned the hard way that baby sisters are a lot like kittens, play too rough with them and they are likely to claw your face off!

left eye

2 comments:

Sabina said...

Great post!!

Merry Christmas!!

Leslie said...

your kids are absolutely gorgeous. I've always wanted to be a redhead.