Wednesday, June 6, 2007

6/14 What's in the Jars?

Ava and hans

A handful of years ago, Jess exposed me to Sarah Ban Breathnach's Mrs. Sharp's Traditions: Reviving Victorian Family Celebrations Of Comfort & Joy . A sweet book! During the month of June she tells how you can throw a little party for the faeries in your gardens on the first day of summer (if I remember correctly) So Jess in I, each in our respecitve 'gardens' left a little tea party and in return the faeries left little gifts for the wee ones in our homes. I haven't been that great at keeping it a tradition, but with my baby B's birthday being on June 21st, the first day of summer, I plan on hosting a faerie birthday party for her. Won't that be cute?! We'll leave a mini cup cake or 2 out for the faeries who I am sure will leave magical party favors in return.

I have to say, Jess showed me Lisa Ketell's faeries and I thought it would be so cool to do a faerie in a jar swap...without realizing there have already been some going on around the web! LOL! I'm behind on what's cool!

Here are 3 other jars (I'm still working on the big one) You can click on the pics to see them larger.

fredrich Gretchen Polly

4 comments:

Raesha D said...

These are SO lovely:):)

Anonymous said...

These are beautiful! I haven't come across this idea on the web, yours is the first I've seen of it, and I love it! (BTW, there's some weird linky thing going on, all the text is linked back to your blog.)

jess said...

I super love the fairy in the green pot and the litle roses, they turned out AMAZING! By the way, you're so funny, you are the one who bought me Mrs. Sharps Traditions. I'm not sure what we're going to do for the fairy teay party this year, but I'm thinking those little cupcake boxes would be way cute for it, if only I knew how to make one...

Regina said...

love the fairies! Very sweet!