(for C-bug's faerie themed room...a bit o' princess)
Every once in a while here we go through a week or 2 or 3 that just really stink. I prefer it this way...all at once instead of spread out evenly over the whole year, but it does get overwhelming. It tends to feel like you're in the middle of the ocean treading water and things just keep getting worse (sharks, thunderstorms, swells.) You know that there's a ship out there coming to get you or something...eventually, but it's a matter of holding on until it gets there... you know, not giving up to despair, or pessimism, or half a chocolate cake followed by a 44 oz. coke ;)
So what I do is write myself nice lists of lovely blessings and wishes, daydream about the beach (ha!) even though I can't go, and still know that these things are attainable, somewhere not to far away just over the horizon, is really uplifting.
My wish list top 5 for today:
1. A good rain cloud, to at least COVER the sun
2. For potential clients to continue to call me and schedule photo sessions!!! ( I have 4 in the works over the next 2 weeks!)
3. For these iron pills to be the answer to my afternoon fatigue and grouchiness
4. That the cake mom will bring tonight for baby B's 3rd b'day will be homemade and chocolate!!!
5. That at least one of our problems will be solved by tonight!