Thursday, August 23, 2007

I'm Leaving

I'm leaving the house today! I swear! I don't know why I have shut myself up all week, but am wondering if I do leave the house today, what will happen? The one time I actually left this week was to get groceries, and the hubs LOST a decent chunk of cash...can't blame him really, he's been working every day (even when he had a day off this week he got called in to fix a problem!) So he's distracted, AND the cash was in too many small bills to fit into his wallet. We're still not 100% sure it even left the house with us, given that we have a 3 year old who likes to pick things up and stash them in grocery bags around the house...

And I've become a bit too obsessed with checking the internet. Mostly, checking for responses to various postings...oh and then there's the fact that I can't get to sleep at night! I finally figured out how to explain it! Initially, my body would be tired, but my brain kept going...but last night, it occurred to me that I have an inner monologue going on!!! AN INNER FLIPPIN' MONOLOGUE!!! No wonder I can't fall asleep! There's constant chatter in my head! I started to feel like Harold Crick! And like HArold, I'm not crazy. Unlike Harold, it's not a narrator...I'm just pregnant ;)

And if you've read through my woes this far, I'll reward you with some craftiness! ;)

After-Witch

I bought this dollar store porcelain doll last week ad made her into the most awesome witch! I removed everything (including hair) from the doll, painted her white (like a vintage porcelain doll) and got handy with the glue gun! I'm thinking aout making more! ;)

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

get out!

I mean, yeah, get out of the house, but more importantly, get out! That doll is gorgeous. Wow. wow.

jess said...

Are you saying it's not normal to have a constant stream of monolouge and soundtrack running through your head?

Mama Said Sew said...

That doll is gorgeous! Hard to believe it's the same one from the flickr photo. Did you repaint her eyes, mouth and eyebrows too?

As for the momologue, mine usually starts as soon as I hit the pillow. Then there are the nights when it's not a momologue, but the chorus from some corny song that plays in my head over and over and over...

Regina said...

You are the Halloween Queen!

Stephanie said...

That doll is adorable!

Raesha D said...

The doll is beautiful!!!

Joanne said...

That doll is fantastic! What an improvement. Makes me want to run out and buy some dollar store junk to breathe life into.