Thursday, November 6, 2008

My last bit of political/religious/beliefs for a while

hope

I made the above picture for anyone that wants to use it. There's also one in my flickr stream that says "faith." I always expected Obama to win, I just never realized how much I would be affected by it and by all the issues surrounding it. I can rant all I want, but it wont bring about enough change. I am not a skilled speech writer inciting crowds with my words, but I will defend my beliefs and rights, as well as the rights of others, especially those that dont see that their rights are being taken away or don't see a problem with them being taken away. Because you do have rights... and they are being stepped on, and you may not realize it, because it's being done with the utmost care, not like a herd of elephants or donkeys running rampant, but like softly stepping cat paws, with super sharp nails that could come out at any minute.

Back to regular moki craftiness soon.

5 comments:

Viki said...

Oh I so agree with you on so many things...little cat paws...with big sharp claws, so true.

I've decided that we need to breathe. In and Out and In and out...
I've been so worried, then I remembered what I had journaled about a few years ago. A quote by Hopi Indian Grandfather David:

"Worry is like praying for your worst fears to happen."

So I resolved to pray in a positive way about things instead of worrying about the negative things.

Hope this helps.

Anonymous said...

Moki, your art is so wonderful. And Viki, that is a great quote. I really must remember that for days I get into a mindless loop of worry.

jess said...

you rock, I love this, wouldn't it be great for the Sacrament Meeting Bulletin covers?;)

Leacayoungart said...

Love this. You did a nice job. Nice post as well.

Danielle Dyball said...

Oh, I love them! Very nice. I don't know whether I've ever left a comment or not... so hi, I have been reading your blog for sometime now. I feel the same way you do. I just knew Barack would get elected, but a part of me thought there's no way people will let this guy win - people have to realize what's really going on here.

Anyway - thanks for sharing your images, just awesome! I'm going to post one on my flickr and link to you, please let me know if that's not ok.

Danielle:-)