Monday, November 17, 2008

Thinking about...

Albuquerque LDS temple

I've been thinking a lot about what my church brothers and sisters are going through in CA and AZ. Enduring mobs, violence, persecution. I was feeling very on the fence about the issue. I want to accept every one for who they are, allow everybody the same rights, but I know that ultimately my own way of life will be attacked and possibly my own rights to worship how I please, the way I please, and even where I please can be taken away from me. I'm sad that instead of this being a simple issue of taking care of families regardless of the make up of it, it will be viewed as a war between conservative Christians and the homosexual population (and those that support each side.) I want to always be able to find the peace in this building that I can now.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

So beautifully put!
xo

Leacayoungart said...

I have been feeling the same way. My kids are concerned that someone in the gay population would want to physically hurt them. I do not feel that the gay population would ever say that about us. We would never have them feel fear from us in the same way.

I have friends who live this lifestyle and I love them--they are great people. They do not want to be represented this way.

Stephanie said...

My sentiments exactly...

jess said...

thank you for saying this