Saturday, November 15, 2008

The Recipe

gingerbread pumpkin pie

Since the office is in disarray the computer is coveniently set up on the kitchen table and a perfect spot for browsing and watching a "Will and Grace" rerun (that I have seen so many times, but is still funny! It's the one with Gene Wilder...love that guy! Wouldn't that be a fun voice to be able to impersonate?!) I really wish I had some more pumpkin. This recipe has just enough twist to be different from regular pumpkin pie. It gets it's unusual flavor from using brown sugar instead of white and a tablespoon of molasses. We love pie for breakfast and it's pretty justifiable in my opinion. In a whole pie there is 2 eggs, cream, and a can of pumpkin...all good for you in some way or another. I am only going to list the ingredients, not the directions. The directions are the same as they are for any pie (mix sugar eggs and molasses first, then add puree, spices, and salt, lastly, add cream and mix...well there's the directions ;)

Gingerbread Pumpkin Pie


2 eggs
1/2 c. packed brown sugar
1 Tbsp. molasses
1 can of pumpkin puree (15 oz)
1 Tbsp. grated ginger
1 tsp. pumpkin pie spice
1/2 tsp. salt
1 c. heavy cream

* I used powdered ginger, cinnamon, and cloves instead of the spices listed. I used the last of my tiramisu coffee creamer instead of heavy cream.)

They also made a topping you put on near the end made from crystallized ginger, pecans, butter, and crushed gingersnaps... mmm